1. Share Relevant Content: One of the number one reasons fans will hide your content in their news feed is because your are posting too often and it’s annoying or your are not posting relevant and useful information.
2. Keep your Updates Short and to the Point: Fans are flooded with lots of information in their news feed each day. Be sure your updates do not exceed 180 characters if you want fans to take the time to read your posts.
3. Test Your Own Frequency of Posts: With the introduction of Ticker and Timeline, Facebook has drastically changed the way their algorithms choose what information shows up in news feeds. Prior to all the changes, your ideal posting frequency was once a day to once every other day. Now, with Timeline you can post more frequently as the life of your post is shorter. Just to give you an idea. On average, 50% of all likes will happen within the first hour of your post, 70% within the first 5 hours and 95% within the first 24 hours.
4. Common Mistakes: Companies only post during business hours. They do not pay attention to demographics and where their fans live and when they are online. Try posting earlier in the day, later in the day, and on weekends until you learn when your market is on Facebook the most.
5. Focus on Engagement: You don’t want to loose potential customers just because you waited over 24 hours to respond to their posts / questions. It’s always best to respond sooner rather than later before your customer finds someone else that is able to help them faster.